This easy and delicious Broccoli and Cheese Soup is: Gluten Free and can easily be made Dairy Free and Plant Based with a swap to plant based cheese
Prep Time: 10m
Cook Time: 30m
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, divided into florets
- 1 potato, peeled, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or plant based substitute), grated
- Place a medium-sized pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the celery, broccoli and potato, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the milk and blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Finally add the cheese and stir until it has melted. Serve immediately.
Storage: After cooling completely, store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days.